Please take time to read these terms and conditions. They contain important information. This page together with the documents referred to on it (the "Terms of Service") contain the terms and conditions by which you may use this Aegon website (as described below).
https://institutional.aegon.co.uk is a website (called the "Website" in these Terms of Service) operated by Cofunds Limited ("we" or “our”). We are registered in England (registered no. 3965289), our registered office is Level 26, The Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London EC3V 4AB (“Cofunds”). Cofunds is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aegon UK plc (“Aegon”).
We recommend that you read these Terms of Service whenever you visit this Website, as we may revise these Terms of Service, from time to time. We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our user’s needs and our business purpose.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before you use the Website as these will apply to your use of the Website. By using or accessing the Website you accept and agree to comply with these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you must not use the Website. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms of Service for future reference.
Information, not advice
The Website is subject to change from time to time. The Website is not in any way an offer to sell our products. The Website only gives you information about the services, products and support we provide and, through which, you can purchase or sell units in a fund on behalf of your customer.
The content on our Website is provided as general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. We do not offer any financial or investment advice and nothing on this Website (or in any email you receive from us, see the paragraph “Email” below) should be regarded as offering personal financial or investment advice and/or the provision of advice on the suitability of a Cofunds, Aegon, Scottish Equitable plc or any other Aegon group companies' product or an investment or fund. If you are unsure about the suitability of a course of action, you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action based on the content on our Website.
Leaving the Website
After you leave the Website (whether knowingly or not including hyperlinks to third parties which are offered on the Website), we are not responsible in any way for any other pages, websites, documents etc. that you access, and the results of accessing them. These links are provided for your information only and do not imply any endorsement by Cofunds, Aegon, Scottish Equitable plc or any other Aegon group company or its service providers, of the linked website or resources. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by Cofunds, Aegon, Scottish Equitable plc and any other Aegon group companies, of those linked websites or resources or information you may obtain from them. We and any Aegon group company have no control over the contents of those sites or resources
We do not accept any liability for your use of any third-party website and resources. You may be going to a website whose originator is not authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
We are not responsible for the security of content of any non-Aegon websites which are linked to from the Website.
Copyright and trademarks
We grant you a revocable right to use the Website for your personal (non-commercial) use in accordance with these Terms of Service. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Copyright in the Website, any trade marks displayed on the Website, and all other logos and trading names, text, photographic and video images, sound recordings, and the design, layout and appearance of and graphics contained within the Website, are owned by Aegon or another Aegon group company. All rights reserved.
You agree that you will not use any of the foregoing for any purpose whatsoever, except for the use of the Website as permitted under these Terms of Service.
United Kingdom residents
The Website is intended for the information and use of United Kingdom residents, who are aged 18 or over, only. We will provide information on the Website only in English. By using the Website, you confirm that you are a United Kingdom resident aged 18 or over. We do not represent that content available on or through our Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
Please note that any downloading of software or information is done at your own risk. We do not warrant the suitability of anything that is downloaded and accept no liability for any problems that may arise as a result. If you're in any doubt about downloading anything, we recommend that you take specialist advice before downloading.
We do not guarantee that any email sent to us through the Website will be received or that the contents will remain private during transmission. If you are concerned about this, then please consider other means of communication. You will be responsible for ensuring that any electronic message or information you send to us is free from any virus or defect that may harm our systems in any way, and that you are otherwise complying with the paragraph “Terms of Acceptable Use”.
We do not guarantee that the Website will be available at all times. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. Further, we reserve the right to withdraw the Website at any time without notice. Neither Aegon nor any other Aegon group company shall be liable to you or any third party in any way if the Website is unavailable or withdrawn at any time or for any period.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website where we reasonably believe you have breached these Terms of Service, or there is fraudulent activity or a security breach (whether or not caused by you).
Where you have breached these Terms of Service, you acknowledge that we may also (i) take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of our costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; (ii) take any further legal action against you; and/ or (iii) disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this Website. It is your responsibility to install, configure, maintain and obtain licenses for any software required to use and access this Website and for you to ensure this software is operating properly. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
Terms of Acceptable Use
This paragraph sets out the content standard that apply when you upload content to our Website, make contact with other users on our Website, link to our site, or interact with our Website in any other way.
By using this Website, you confirm that you agree to accept the Terms of Acceptable Use and you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree with these terms you, you must not use the Website.
We may amend the terms of the Terms of Acceptable Use from time to time. Every time you use the Website, please check these terms to ensure you under the terms that apply at that time.
We make the Website and forms of communication on the Website, such as, email available for you to use. Your use of the Website and email is subject to you not including and/or uploading any comment or material to the Website or in an email that is, or could be construed as being:
- threatening or menacing;
- false, misleading or inaccurate;
- libellous or defamatory of any person;
- deceptive or fraudulent;
- invasive of another individual's privacy;
- offensive, and/or
You also agree that you shall not:
- use the Website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- to reproduce (in whole or in part), copy, modify, decompile, disassemble or transmit or use for any commercial purpose any content or part of this site without the prior written consent of Aegon or relevant Aegon group company;
- to encourage other websites to frame or hypertext link direct to this site or the content, without the prior written consent of Aegon or relevant Aegon group company;
- do anything which may cause (whether on purpose or not) the introduction or spread of a virus, Trojan horse, worms, logic bombs, spyware or any other programs designed to affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website;
- attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack;
- act dishonestly or unprofessionally;
- create a false identity on the Website;
- link to the Website:
- in a way that damages our reputation or takes advantage of it;
- in a way that suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- where the website does not belong to you, or
- where we have otherwise withdrawn permission to link to the Website.
- sell, rent, lease, redistribute, broadcast, publicly display, transmit, communicate, modify, sub-license or transfer or assign any part of the Website, or your rights to the Website (under these Terms of Service) to any third party;
- infringe the rights of us or of any other user of the Website, or any other third party, or
- use the Website unlawfully or fraudulently at any time.
(together the “Fair Use Terms”).
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your access to the Website and remove any comment or material if we consider, acting reasonably, or we reasonably believe another person may consider, that (i) any such posting or email contains such comment or material, or (ii) that you have breached our Fair Use Terms.
Cofunds, Aegon, Scottish Equitable plc and any other Aegon group company and its service providers may monitor and log user activity, and any material contributed by users, for security purposes and in order to identify any actual or potential misuse of this Website. Where we have reason to believe that you have, or you are likely to, use this Website in breach of this paragraph “Terms of Acceptable Use” or these Terms of Service, we may take such action as we reasonably deem appropriate including but not limited to:
- immediate, temporary or permanent suspension or withdrawal of your right to use this Website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any material contributed by you to this Website;
- taking legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of our costs on an indemnity basis;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or regulators as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude our liability for all actions we may take in response to breaches of this paragraph “Terms of Acceptable Use”. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Aegon has "General social media participation guidelines" that apply to anyone accessing or posting to Aegon social media or blogs. Please read the guidelines carefully as they will apply to you in these circumstances.
You must not post to any social media or modify the paper or digital copies of any materials that you have printed off or downloaded, and you must not use any illustrations, graphics, video or audio sequences separately from any accompanying text or explanation.
You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
- We have taken care concerning the accuracy and integrity of what is on the Website. However, neither Aegon nor any other Aegon group company will be liable in any way for any errors and/or omissions concerning any information made available on, or omitted from, the Website.
- Neither Aegon nor any other Aegon group company will be liable in any way in respect of any losses arising from any unauthorised access to the Website, or any unauthorised alteration to the Website.
- The terms of, and use of, the Website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms of Service.
- The pages of the Website may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, copied, stored, transmitted, or used by any party except for the purpose of downloading for private, non-commercial viewing purposes or where we've given our prior written consent. You must not alter anything on the Website. No material from the Website may be used on any other website and no links may be created to this site without our prior written consent.
- We may make changes to the information on this site at any time without updating this page to reflect those changes and neither Aegon nor any other Aegon group company will be liable for errors, omissions or for information becoming out of date. If you're in any doubt as to the accuracy and currency of any information on this site, or if you require any further information, please contact us.
- These Terms of Service (including the Privacy Statement and our "General social media participation guidelines") contain all the terms applicable to the use of the Website by you and form the entire agreement between you and us.
- Each of the terms of these Terms of Service operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. Any waiver would need to be given by us in writing.
- Users acknowledge that these Terms of Service do not create or imply any partnership, joint venture or trust relationship between us and you.
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Website, you must comply with the content standard set out in out the paragraph “Terms of Acceptable Use” (above). You warrant that any such contributions do comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. You hereby agree to reimburse us for all reasonable losses, costs, actions, damages, liabilities, proceedings or expenses suffered or incurred by us or any Aegon group company arising from any use of this Website by you in contravention of the above acceptable use policy. This includes (but is not limited to) any claim or allegation by a third party of defamation, obscenity, invasion of privacy, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights or breach of obligations of confidence arising out of material uploaded to this site by you.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms of Service to another organisation, but this will not reduce your rights or those obligations. You may not transfer your rights or obligations to another person.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms of Service if that is caused by events outside our reasonable control, including any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control. Some examples of such an event are:
- Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, or
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance under these Terms of Service will be suspended for the period that such events set out above continues, and we will have an extension of time to carry out our obligations under these Terms of Service for the duration of that period. Where possible, we will use reasonable efforts to bring such event detailed above to a close or to find a solution.
Our use of your personal information is governed by our Privacy Statement, which forms part of these Terms of Service. Please read the Privacy Statement carefully – it deals with your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, including what we can do with it, to whom we may disclose it, together with your rights under applicable data protection laws.
Products and investments
We make products and services available to you through the platform that you can access via the Website. The terms and conditions and the platform services that we provide in respect of these, and certain other products are contained in the Institutional Services Client Agreement, or any other agreement, entered into by you and Cofunds.
Aegon categorises you as a ‘Professional Client’ and your customers as either ‘Professional Clients’ or ‘Retail clients’ under the Financial Conduct Authority rules for all services and transactions. This helps us to make sure that you receive the appropriate disclosure documents from us and that you are made aware of everything you need to know in a timely fashion.
If you wish to complain about the content on or uploaded on to the Website or have any other questions, please contact us by email at AUKInstitutionalSales@aegon.co.uk.
If contacting us by email, please don't include any personal, financial, or banking information as email isn't a secure method of communication. If you decide to send information in this way, you're doing so at your own risk as there's no guarantee that any email sent by you to us will be received or remain private during transmission. Where secure online journeys are available, please login to complete these.